Thursday, July 3, 2014

I'm still here


I’m still Here

Tick…Tick…Tick…
Is what I hear as the
Drip...Drip…Drip…
Comes reigning down through my veins
I can feel it suddenly....
As I begin to breathe and wait…
Tick…Tick…Tick…
Watching the clock as the hand begins to reach the ten
I wait and I feel and I breathe
Drip… Drip…Drip…

It’s nothing but a fantasy
Lost dreams replaced by this insuperable thing
I used to be a Juilliard singer…
No more… no more… replaced
Left in this lonely place
Of Solitude...

Tick…Tick…Tick…
Drip… Drip… Drip…

I still have my hair
It hasn’t gone anywhere…
My bones feel brittle…
My eyes are weak…
As the chemo runs through my body
And evokes and kills the demons inside me
I wait…
Hours later I am chemo brained…
Laughing….Chattered…Smiling…but it’s all fake
I wait… Tick…Tick…Tick…
Drip…Drip…Drip…

I’m still here…

No comments:

Post a Comment